Found this video of Rodney Mullen talking at a TED conference at USC and well I started watching this and thought god damn this is so cheesy and lame. I kept watching and it watching actually pretty interesting and I got super into it cause Rodney breaks down what we as skateboarders go through everyday, even when we are not skateboarding. Every skateboarder will agree that it is next to impossible to explain to someone what happens when we look at a pool, rail, stairs or a bank or something cause for one, those people don't give shit, and two they just look at them as pieces of concrete. When we look at those things we see potential in possible throwing our bodies off them or slashing around them. The only person that is able to get so philosophical and deep into how skateboarders think is Rodney Mullen, this guy is a fuckin genius. He is a bit quirky, but the guy is an innovator and legend. Much respect!
No comments:
Post a Comment